Motor starters are electromechanical protection devices for the main circuit. They are used mainly to switch motors manually ON/OFF and to provide fuse less protection against short-circuit, overload and phase failures. Fuse less protection saves costs, space and ensures a quick reaction under short-circuit condition by switching off the motor within milliseconds. Starter combinations are setup together with contactors and are available with screw or Push-in Spring terminals.
- Harmonized main accessory range (auxiliary contacts, signal contacts,
shunt trips and undervoltage releases) for MS1xx and MO1xx family.
- Compact design
- Efficient planning and installation perfectly matching the ABB contactor
- Simple connecting links ensure electrical and mechanical connection to
build direct-on- line starters.
- Less machine downtime by protecting motors and reduced trouble shooting and reduced maintenance expenditures by protecting motors.
- ABB’s Push-in Spring terminals offer unique, fast , easy and reliable connections.
- Manual control / short-circuit current and overload protection.
- Adjustable current setting for overload protection and magnetic trip indication.
- Disconnection function
- Temperature compensation
- Remote control via undervoltage release or shunt trip.
- Short-circuit service breaking capacity Ics up to 100 kA.